Does your faucet water look dirty and tastes really terrible? Then the best faucet water filter can be a solution to this. A faucet mount water filter removes unwanted and contaminated substances from your water and makes your water crystal clean and odor-free from the water source. Some of the faucet mount filters have a carbon footprint filter cartridge housing inside the tap filter for reverse osmosis process.
Faucet filters are very easy to install with your existing faucet. Almost every faucet can hold a filter. It’s something like plug and play. This is a great option for those who need to filter their faucet water.
But the question that comes next is, how can I find the food grade drinking water faucet filter for me? This is common for anyone who is facing the problem of freshwater scarcity. Also, you will find some junk carbon layer filter sensor throughout the market. They will make you suffer rather than giving you the minimum service.
But, no problem, you have come to the right place. Because today I’m going to talk about everything you know about a faucet water filter including a buying guide too. Now we will go through a discussion that will help you to pick the right faucet mount water filter. So let’s get started.
For easy comparison, a data table is added below from which you will get enough idea about some of the best faucet water filter.
Table of Contents
- Top 6 Faucet Water Filter – Comparison Table
- FAUCET WATER FILTER REVIEWS
- 1. PUR FM-3500B Black/Chrome Advanced Faucet Water Filter
- 2. Culligan FM-15A Carbon Block Filtration Faucet Water Filter
- 3. Culligan FM-25 Chrome Finish Faucet Water Filter
- 4. Brita 10060258356189 Reduced Lead Faucet Water Filter
- 5. DuPont WFFM350XCH Electric Metered Faucet Water Filter
- 6. Pur FM-9600 3-stage Horizontal Faucet Water Filter
- Things to Consider – Best Faucet Water Filter
- How to Choose Best Faucet Water Filter – A Guideline
- Final Verdict
Top 6 Faucet Water Filter – Comparison Table
Importance of a Faucet Water Filter
A faucet water filter is a piece of important equipment for your kitchen for many reasons. But after some analysis, I have found out the following reason for them you must have the best faucet water filters for your kitchen.
- Faucet water filter separates toxic materials that can cause cancer and other skin diseases.
- The filtration systems in the supply station are not able to remove all the particles from the raw water.
- Using purified water is very important for pregnant women and children
- You can only have pure water flow from the point-of-use of the filtration system.
FAUCET WATER FILTER REVIEWS
1. PUR FM-3500B Black/Chrome Advanced Faucet Water Filter
The Pur Black Chrome faucet mount is one of the best faucet mounts on the market. Sleek and elegant, its black onyx-like design and high-quality craftsmanship will certainly net you an excellent product.
First, its activated carbon filters (which are created using coconut shells) are heat treated with steam.
This produces pores so tiny that they fit into each grain of carbon. Thus faucet filter gives you a while 1000 square meters of tunnels and spaces, of the pure surface area, for each gram of carbon inside. This boils down to 200 000 square feet of pores, nooks, crannies and just areas where contaminants can end up trapped.
It can remove 61 of the most common water contaminants and provide food grade drinking water directly from water sources. Not only that, but you don’t need any tools or mechanical know-how to install this bad boy. All it takes is one click and you are good to go. It can provide you with 2 to 3 months’ worth of clean and clear filtered water.
- This filter can remove 61 contaminants. Hence the water is more clear and safe.
- Led filter change indicator indicates the changing time. Therefore, the user need not check it manually.
- It can provide up to 100 gallons of water in its lifetime, as a result, you can use this filter for 2 to 3 months.
- Because of hand tighten feature there is no water leakage.
- This filter is not compatible with the pullout handle, as a result, this is not usable with all of the faucets.
We believe that this faucet mount water filter is an excellent replacement filters to remove water issues, that not only looks good, but also provides an amazing filtration system. Also, as an added benefit, it’s easy to install.
2. Culligan FM-15A Carbon Block Filtration Faucet Water Filter
The FM-15A is one of the more advanced filter mounts out there. Powerful, clean, practical, this water mount is really something special.
First of all, this tap faucet water filter system gives out a 0.5 GPM flow rate, at an excellent 60 psi. That means that unlike some other faucet mounts, you won’t see a decrease in water pressure or water flow.
Next, it has a simple diverter tab that helps you easily switch from your Culligan filtered water onto regular old tap water.
Because of the advanced water filtration system in place, this faucet mount filter reduces the presence of many contaminants and chemicals, pollutants such as lindane, lead, turbidity, chlorine, atrazine… It also regulates bad taste and nasty odors.
It has FM-15RA filter cartridges. These filter cartridges can give you over 200 gallons (or two months) of pure, unfiltered water. Not only that, but it has been tested and certified by the NSF, and has passed both the 42 and the 53 ANSI standard.
Finally, the Culligan -15A faucet mount water filter comes with adapters that can be placed on any (standard) sink nozzle.
- Reduce odors, therefore, the test of the water is finer.
- Removes sediment and other chemicals, as a result, it makes the water safe and crystal clear.
- Efficient design, as a result, this filter is compatible with most other faucets.
- As it removes the odor creating particles the water becomes free from unpleasant odor.
- Advances filter kit is added therefore more efficient performance.
Another excellent faucet mount that passes all the necessary filtration standards and measures. Each cartridge gives you 200 gallons of purified water and removes most nasty particles.
3. Culligan FM-25 Chrome Finish Faucet Water Filter
Practical, easy to use and even easier to set up, the FM-25 water purifier is a must for anybody who cares about their drinking water.
This water filtration system has adapters for any and all kinds of standard sinks.
But this faucet mount filter is not only supplying tasting water – it also has a very simple stainless steel design that matches any kitchen sink and allows for a quick and simple installation that can be done without any tools or mechanical knowledge. So you won’t have to worry about getting a plumber to install this water filter faucet for you. Furthermore, it’s pretty easy to use as well. It has a filter change water purifier tab system that can help you switch from using regular water to the clean and filtered one you have here.
One Culligan cartridge lasts for about 2 months of use and can filter out chlorine, lindane, sediment, atrazine from over 200 gallons of water. It also regulates taste and turbidity.
It provides a Level 3 filtration process that also reduces bad taste and foul odors, traces of lead, and so on and so forth. It has the NSF International standard regarding the ANSI 42 Standard and the ANSI 53 standard water quality.
- This tap filter can reduce major contamination like the lead particles, odors, and others. Therefore, this filter can produce you the best-tested water and consequently the safety.
- The design is compact and modern. Hence this will add an extra style to your kitchen.
- As it removes the odor creating particles the water becomes free from unpleasant odor.
- Another major thing to know about this faucet filter is this filter is not compatible with all faucets. Therefore, a new adapter may be needed.
Simple to install, easy to fix, and filters out a tone of bad stuff – everything you need in a solid faucet mount.
4. Brita 10060258356189 Reduced Lead Faucet Water Filter
This stainless steel faucet mount is classy and old-school, with a quality filter and a nice, fancy chrome finish.
This special filtration system reduces contaminants like lead, asbestos, benzene trichloroethylene, chlorine, and it also removes foul taste and foul odor and build up the kitchen tap water quality.
It’s also pretty easy to set up and to attach. It is placed directly onto the standard faucet (can’t be placed on pull out faucets and spray style faucets).
The Brita Faucet Filtration System also has a nice filter indicator. This tap faucet water filter system showcases the status of the filter and will notify you whether the filter is working, as well as letting you know when you need to replace the filter.
- Removes 99.99% of cryptosporidium giardia cutes. Therefore, this makes the water fully safe and clear.
- An extra layer traps the sediment hence the water coming out is super crystal clear.
- It reduces chlorine taste and odor. Therefore, this ensures the absolute taste of the water.
- This filter can supply up to 100 gallons of water after installment. Hence it will serve you for at least four months.
- Chromium polish has made this filter glossier. Consequently, this made this filter durable.
A top choice filter, elegant and classy, it will be a fine addition to any kitchen not only due to its practicality, but it looks as well. So, if you want to know more information about this awesome faucet then check the button below.
5. DuPont WFFM350XCH Electric Metered Faucet Water Filter
The Dupont WFFM350XCH drinking water filter system is all about practicality and durability. Coming with an excellent warranty option and an electronic display, it’s one of the best out there.
The water filtration systems has a cool electronic display that is clear and visible. It tells you the exact number of gallons of water that have been filtered and cleaned.
This is not only interesting to know, but it also helps you know when you should replace the filter. With the help of faucet adapters, the filter change sensor indicates filter capacity and when to change the cartridge filter. So you can always get fresh tap water to your water bottles right from the water source.
It has a WQA certification that signifies it reduces asbestos, lead, microbial cysts, giardia, and much more. You can also switch the water tap from tap to filtered easily. This means you won’t have to tinker with the thing after you have initially set it up. The filters are also very easy to remove and to replace, so even there you won’t have any issues.
It also comes with an amazing bonus. The Dupont WFFM350XCH comes with a 4-year warranty, so you know that the manufacturers truly believe in their products.
- Electronic display shows the amount of water filtrated. As a result, it’s easy to measure the replacing time of the filter.
- Ultra performance filter technology ensures the best quality of water.
- Removes almost all the sediment, chlorine, cysts, lindane, benzene, asbestos, mercury, and lead. Therefore, it is the best filter that makes your water safe, odor-free, and crystal clear.
- Better testing water because of one convenient filter.
- Micro-ban antimicrobial product protection system hence this product is more durable than any other products.
Considering quality and performance this filter can satisfy almost every user in all condition. I’m pretty sure that this will create an appeal to almost everybody. So before going for another I strongly recommend you to check this product below.
6. Pur FM-9600 3-stage Horizontal Faucet Water Filter
Coming in Steel, Black, White, Chrome or platinum, this gorgeous faucet mount can fit into any kitchen, no matter its décor.
This tap faucet water filters are incredibly easy to install – with just one click you can get it up and running, and get yourself some cool, refreshing, crisp water.
One drinking water filter system gives you 100 gallons of pure, clean filtered water. And you really can put your money on just how pure this is. It features a 3 stage purification system, so you know that not even the faintest of traces of contaminants will be present.
It also has a built-in with abs plastic and electronic filter life indicator, which shows you exactly how much longer filtering capacity your current filter has. The faucet water filter system is also pretty sleek and compact, so no one needs to worry about finding room either.
- 3 stage filtration system, therefore, this filter ensures the best quality water for you.
- Available in three color variations. Hence easy to pick the attractive one.
- Built-in filter life tracker. Therefore, it’s easy to track the lifetime of the filter.
- Filtration kit life is long. You can use this for up to three months as a result can have 100 gallons of water from the first day of installment.
- This filter is not compatible with the pull-out model faucet.
A nice little filter focusing on being compact and saving up some space. It gives you pure, clear and crisp water every time, and can be used for over 3 months, per filter. It also gives you a nice electronic filter life indicator, keeping you alert and ready to change it, if needed. So, if you love this and want to have further experience with this then check this below.
Things to Consider – Best Faucet Water Filter
- Before picking up a faucet filter everyone should consider some terms. There are several parameters that determine the quality of a filter. Some of them as below.
- Firstly, you should have proper knowledge about the filtration and reverse osmosis systems. Because different filters work better with different contaminants and filtration media.
- Consequently, you should consider the life of the filter. Almost every one of these comes with a filtering capacity at least three-month life.
- The faucet water filter installation is another thing you should know about before you pick one. Some of the faucet water filters come with a one-click installation feature while some filters are not compatible with all faucet types.
- Filtration capacity varies from filter to filter. But almost all filters can purify 100 gallons of water during its life after the first installment. The filtration rate is another thing that you should know about before picking one. Because some filters have a very slow filtration rate.
- Consequently, filtration chemical is another important thing that needs to be replaced after a certain period. Therefore, choose that one which is cheap but lasts long. But don’t forget about the quality.
- Almost every faucet water filter comes with at least two years of limited warranty. This is a matter of concern because nobody is going to count his money each and every month for his faucet. Check the instruction manual for more information about this.
- After all of this, it comes to the price range. Although it varies from filter to filter according to their features. But most of them are affordable. So before buying you should consider buying price as well as user experience with that specific filter.
How to Choose Best Faucet Water Filter – A Guideline
After all this discussion, it still can be confusing to somebody to choose the faucet water filter for him or her. Therefore, I have included a buying guide so that this becomes clear to everybody.
- Water Taste & Odor: If your faucet water doesn’t have the natural taste and color, you must figure out a filter that works better with watercolor and odor. Almost all best faucet water filters work fine with these issues. But some of them may fail. So, be conscious when choose.
- Performance against Contaminants: The main purpose of a faucet water filter is to remove the contaminate particle from the water. Different tap water filter cartridge works better with different particles. Therefore, you should choose that one which works better with all major particles.
- Filter Replacement: This is necessary to replace your filtration kit after a certain period depending on the gallon capacity of filter cartridges. Therefore, this is wise to choose that filter that provides long time usability as well as an easy replacement.
- Installment & Compatibility: Not all the filters are compatible with all faucets. As for example, pull-type handled faucets doesn’t adjust with most of the faucets. On the other hand, some of the filters really need the expertise to install. Therefore, make sure your one is not of that type.
- Finishing & Style: Although not only for quality but also for smart looking design and finishing is a great factor. You should note that the filter adds some extra style to your kitchen.
- Replacement Cost: Running a faucet filter is not a one-time money counting. You need to change the chemical kit after two or three months. Therefore, if this goes high, you will need to count more money. So be sure before choosing one.
- System price: Does it matter? It’s really a funny question. Nobody is going to have the best one at poor pricing. Yet there are some which are good on a medium budget and some aren’t comparatively well having a high price. Therefore, do some homework before you pick up one.
We have discussed a lot on this topic. As a result, by this time you know more than the other people about the faucet water filter. After a long time, judgment, we have found the above six faucet water filter that is the top-rated at this time.
This is natural that everything must have a bad side. We just can’t ignore a thing for its slight problem. We have to consider the other pros of that item. Furthermore, this is wise to know about the experience of real users before buying a product. So keep this in your knowledge.
Again these products are highly recommended for almost everyone I’m pretty much sure that they will satisfy you need under any circumstance.