Table of Contents
- 1 Top 6 Faucet Water Filter – Comparison Table
- 2 FAUCET WATER FILTER REVIEWS
- 3 1. PUR Black/Chrome “Advanced” Vertical Faucet Mount
- 4 2. Culligan FM-15A Advanced Faucet Filter
- 5 3. Culligan FM-25 Faucet Mount Filter
- 6 4. Brita On Tap Faucet Water Filter System
- 7 5. DuPont WFFM350XCH
- 8 6. Pur 3-stage Faucet Water Filter
- 9 Things to Consider - Best Faucet Water Filter
- 10 How to Choose Best Faucet Water Filter - A Guideline
- 11 How to Install your PUR Water Faucet Filtration System (Video)
- 12 Final Verdict
Does your faucet water look dirty and tastes really terrible? Then a best faucet water filter can be a solution to this. This removes unwanted and contaminate substance from your water and makes your water crystal clean and odor free. They are very easy to install with your existing faucet. Almost every faucet can hold a filter. It’s something like plug and play. This is a great option for those who need to filter their faucet water.
But the question that comes next is, how can I find the faucet water filter for me? This is common for anyone those who are facing the problem of freshwater scarcity. Also, you will find some junk filters throughout the market. They will make you suffer rather than giving you the minimum service.
But, no problem, you have come to the right place. Because today I’m going to talk about everything you know about a faucet water filter. Now we will go through a discussion which will help you to pick the right one. So let’s get started.
For easy comparison, a data table is added below from which you will get enough idea about some of the best faucet water filter.
Top 6 Faucet Water Filter – Comparison Table
Importance of a Faucet Water Filter
A faucet water filter is a piece of important equipment for your kitchen for many reasons. But after some analysis, I have found out the following reason for them you must have the best faucet water filter for your kitchen.
- Faucet water filter separates toxic materials that can cause cancer and other skin diseases.
- The filtration system in the supply station is not able to remove all the particles from the raw water.
- Using purified water is very important for the pregnant women and children
- You can only have the pure water from the point-of-use of the filtration system.
FAUCET WATER FILTER REVIEWS
The Pur Black Chrome faucet mount is one of the best faucet mounts on the market. Sleek and elegant, its black onyx-like design and high-quality craftsmanship will certainly net you an excellent product.
First, its activated carbon filters (which are created using coconut shells) are heat treated with steam. This produces pores so tiny that they fit into each grain of carbon. It gives you a while 1000 square meters of tunnels and spaces, of the pure surface area, for each gram of carbon inside. This boils down to 200 000 square feet of pores, nooks, crannies and just areas where contaminants can end up trapped.
It can remove 61 of the most common water contaminants. Not only that, but you don’t need any tools or mechanical know-how to install this bad boy. All it takes is one click and you are good to go. It can provide you with 2 to 3 months’ worth of clean and clear filtered water.
- This filter can remove 61 contaminants. Hence the water is more clear and safe.
- Led filter change indicator indicates the changing time. Therefore, the user need not check it manually.
- It can provide up to 100 gallons of water in its lifetime, as a result, you can use this filter for 2 to 3 months.
- Because of hand tighten feature there is no water leakage.
- This filter is not compatible with the pullout handle, as a result, this is not usable with all of the faucets.
2. Culligan FM-15A Advanced Faucet Filter
The Culligan FM-15A is one of the more advanced filter mounts out there. Powerful, clean, practical, this water mount is really something special.
First of all, it gives out a 0.5 GPM flow rate, at an excellent 60 psi. That means that unlike some other faucet mounts, you won’t see a decrease in water pressure or flow rate. Next, it has a simple diverter tab that helps you easily switch from your Culligan filtered water onto regular old tap water.
Because of the advanced filtration system in place, this faucet mount reduces the presence of many contaminants and chemicals, pollutants such as lindane, lead, turbidity, chlorine, atrazine… It also regulates bad taste and nasty odors.
It has FM-15RA filter cartridges. These filter cartridges can give you over 200 gallons (or two months) of pure, unfiltered water. Not only that, but it has been tested and certified by the NSF, and has passed both the 42 and the 53 ANSI standard.
Finally, the Culligan FM-15A comes with adapters that can be placed on any (standard) sink nozzle.
- Reduce odors, therefore, the test of the water is finer.
- Removes sediment and other chemicals, as a result, it makes the water safe and crystal clear.
- Efficient design, as a result, this filter is compatible with most other faucets.
- As it removes the odor creating particles the water becomes free from unpleasant odor.
- Advances filter kit is added therefore more efficient performance.
3. Culligan FM-25 Faucet Mount Filter
This water filtration system has adapters for any and all kinds of standard sinks. But not only that – it has a very simple design that allows for a quick and simple installation that can be done without any tools or mechanical knowledge. So you won’t have to worry about getting a plumber to install this for you. Furthermore, it’s pretty easy to use as well. It has a diverter tab that can help you switch from using regular water to the clean and filtered one you have here.
One Culligan FM-25R cartridge lasts for about 2 months of use and can filter out chlorine, lindane, sediment, atrazine from over 200 gallons of water. It also regulates taste and turbidity.
It provides a Level 3 filtration system that also reduces bad taste and foul odors, traces of lead and so on and so forth. It has the NSF International standard regarding the ANSI 42 Standard and the ANSI 53 standard.
- This can reduce the major contaminate like the lead particles, odors, and others. Therefore, this filter can produce you the best-tested water and consequently the safety.
- The design is compact and modern. Hence this will add an extra style to your kitchen.
- As it removes the odor creating particles the water becomes free from unpleasant odor.
- Another major thing to know about this faucet filter is this filter is not compatible with all faucets. Therefore, a new adapter may be needed.
4. Brita On Tap Faucet Water Filter System
This special filtration system reduces contaminants like lead, asbestos, benzene trichloroethylene, chlorine, and it also removes foul taste and foul odor from the water. It also possesses a protective fine-tuned extra layer that traps sediment and other larger debris.
It’s also pretty easy to set up and to attach. It is placed directly onto the standard faucet (can’t be placed on pull out faucets and spray style faucets).
The Brita Faucet Filtration System also has a nice filter indicator. It showcases the status of the filter and will notify you whether the filter is working, as well as letting you know when you need to replace the filter.
- Removes 99.99% of cryptosporidium giardia cutes. Therefore, this makes the water fully safe and clear.
- An extra layer traps the sediment hence the water coming out is super crystal clear.
- It reduces chlorine taste and odor. Therefore, this ensures the absolute taste of the water.
- This filter can supply up to 100 gallons of water after installment. Hence it will serve you for at least four months.
- Chromium polish has made this filter glossier. Consequently, this made this filter durable.
5. DuPont WFFM350XCH
The Dupont WFFM350XCH is all about practicality and durability. Coming with an excellent warranty option and an electronic display, it’s one of the best out there.
It has a cool electronic display that is clear and visible. It tells you the exact number of gallons of water that have been filtered and cleaned. This is not only interesting to know, but it also helps you know when you should replace the filter.
It has a WQA certification that signifies it reduces asbestos, lead, microbial cysts, giardia, and much more. You can also switch the water tap from tap to filtered easily. This means you won’t have to tinker with the thing after you have initially set it up. The filters are also very easy to remove and to replace, so even there you won’t have any issues.
It also comes with an amazing bonus. The Dupont WFFM350XCH comes with a 4-year warranty, so you know that the manufacturers truly believe in their products.
- Electronic display shows the amount of water filtrated. As a result, it’s easy to measure the replacing time of the filter.
- Ultra performance filtration system ensures the best quality water.
- Removes almost all the sediment, chlorine, cysts, lindane, benzene, asbestos, mercury and lead. Therefore, it is the best filter that makes your water safe, odor free and crystal clean.
- Better testing water because of one convenient filter.
- Micro-ban antimicrobial product protection system hence this product is more durable than any other products.
6. Pur 3-stage Faucet Water Filter
It’s incredibly easy to install – with just one click you can get it up and running, and get yourself some cool, refreshing, crisp water. One filter gives you 100 gallons of pure, clean filtered water. And you really can put your money on just how pure this is. It features a 3 stage purification system, so you know that not even the faintest of traces of contaminants will be present.
It also has a built-in electronic filter life indicator, which shows you exactly how much longer will your current filter last. It is also pretty sleek and compact, so you won’t need to worry about finding room either.
- 3 stage filtration system, therefore, this filter ensures the best quality water for you.
- Available in three color variation. Hence easy to pick the attractive one.
- Built-in filter life tracker. Therefore, it’s easy to track the lifetime of the filter.
- Filtration kit life is long. You can use this for up to three months as a result can have 100 gallons of water from the first day of installment.
- This filter is not compatible with the pull-out model faucet.
Things to Consider - Best Faucet Water Filter
- Before picking up a faucet filter everyone should consider some terms. There are several parameters that determine the quality of a filter. Some of them as below.
- Firstly, you should have the proper knowledge about the filtration system. Because different filters work better with different contaminants.
- Consequently, you should consider the life of the filter. Almost every one of these comes with at least three-month life.
- The installment is another thing you should know about before you pick one. Some of the faucet water filters come with one click installation features while some filters are not compatible with all faucets.
- Filtration capacity varies from filter to filter. But almost all filter can purify 100 gallons of water during its lifetime after the first installment. Filtration rate is another thing that you should know about before picking one. Because some filters have a very slow filtration rate.
- Consequently, filtration chemical is another important thing that needs to be replaced after a certain period. Therefore, choose that one which is cheap but lasts long. But don’t forget about the quality.
- Almost every faucet water filter comes with at least two years of limited warranty. This is a matter of concerned because nobody is going to count his money each and every month for his faucet.
- After all of this, it comes to the pricing. Although it varies from filter to filter according to their features. But most of them are affordable. So before buying you should consider this matter as well as user experience with that specific filter.
How to Choose Best Faucet Water Filter - A Guideline
After all this discussion, it still can be confusing to somebody to choose the faucet water filter for him or her. Therefore, I have included a buying guide so that this becomes clear to everybody.
- Water Taste & Odor: If your faucet water doesn’t have the natural taste and color, you must figure out a filter which works better with watercolor and odor. Almost all faucet filter works fine with this issues. But some of them may fail. So, be conscious when choose.
- Performance against Contaminants: The main purpose of a faucet water filter is to remove the contaminate particle from the water. Different filters work better with different particles. Therefore, you should choose that one which works better with all major particles.
- Filter Replacement: This is necessary to replace your filtration kit after a certain period. Therefore, this is wise to choose that filter which provides a long time usability as well as the easy replacement.
- Installment & Compatibility: Not all the filters are compatible with all faucets. As for example, pull type handled faucets doesn’t adjust with most of the faucets. On the other hand, some of the filters really need the expertise to install. Therefore, make sure your one is not of that type.
- Finishing & Style: Although not only for quality but also for smart looking design and finishing is a great factor. You should note that the filter adds some extra style to your kitchen.
- Replacement Cost: Running a faucet filter is not a one-time money counting. You need to change the chemical kit after two or three months. Therefore, if this goes high, you will need to count more money. So be sure before choosing one.
- Pricing: Does it matter? It’s really a funny question. Nobody is going to have a best one in a poor price. Yet there are some which are good on a medium budget and some aren’t comparatively well having a high price. Therefore, do some homework before you pick up one.
How to Install your PUR Water Faucet Filtration System (Video)
We have discussed a lot on this topic. As a result, by this time you know more than the other people about faucet water filter. After a long time, judgment, we have found the above six faucet water filter that is the top rated at this time.
This is natural that everything must have a bad side. We just can’t ignore a thing for its slight problem. We have to consider the other pros of that item. Furthermore, this is wise to know about the experience of the real users before buying a product. So keep this in your knowledge.
Again these products are highly recommended for almost everyone I'm pretty much sure that they will satisfy you need under any circumstance.