Do you need to pare a lot of staffs in your kitchen every day? Are you disappointed with your traditional knife which is not good with paring or peeling vegetables? Then you have come to the right place buddy. Because today I’m going to introduce you with the best paring knife of this time. With them, cutting will be really fun.
Finally, I have also included a buying guide with this article that will help you to figure out the best paring knife for you. So, let’s get started.
Table of Contents
- Best Paring Knife – Comparison Table
- Best Paring Knife Reviews
- 1. Wusthof Classic Paring Knife – Top Rated Paring Knife
- 2. Oxo Good Grips Professional Paring Knife - Best Value Paring Knife
- 3. Zyliss Paring Knife Review - Best Kitchen Paring Knife
- How to Choose the Best Paring Knife
Best Paring Knife – Comparison Table
|Knife Model||Blade||Weight||Dimensions (inches)||Price|
|Wusthof Classic 3-1/2-Inch||3-1/2-Inch||1.6 ounces||9.6 x 2.8 x 0.8|
|OXO Good Grips Professional||3-1/2-Inch||3.2 ounces||3.2 x 1.2 x 14|
|ZYLISS Paring Knife with Sheath Cover||3-1/2-Inch||0.3 ounces||11.2 x 4.2 x 0.6|
Best Paring Knife Reviews
1. Wusthof Classic Paring Knife – Top Rated Paring Knife
- Precision forged from a single blank of High Carbon Stainless Steel. Tempered to 58⁰ Rockwell
- Full bolster and finger guard. Full tang that is triple riveted to the handle for precise control.
- Precision Edge Technology (PEtec) yields a blade that is 20% sharper with twice the edge retention.
Wusthof Classic Paring Knife will definitely be your best kitchen assistant for both peeling and cutting. Because of having a strong body and razor sharpness this one easily acquire its place in our best paring knife list. Let’s have a deeper insight.
Features & Benefits
- Wusthof Classic comes with 3.5-inch high-carbon steel made the blade. Furthermore, this is hand-hones. Therefore this one cuts like a razor.
- The blade is small in size. Again this is pointed at the top. Because of this reason, this one is a master performer in peeling vegetables. This is also fine with cutting and chopping.
- Finally, this comes to comfort. This one has traditional type composite handle. Furthermore, its triple riveted. Therefore the handle is strong enough and increases the performance to a great extent.
2. Oxo Good Grips Professional Paring Knife - Best Value Paring Knife
- Paring knife perfectly controls cutting, slicing and peeling of fruits and vegetables
- High-carbon stainless steel blade retains super sharp edge and easily re-sharpens for long lasting use
- Ergonomic handle with soft touch rubber grip, reduces hand fatigue and allows for precision and control
Oxo Good Grips Professional Paring offers you the full range of cutting opportunity. This one is designed for master cutting performance in any situation. Let’s discuss further.
Features & Benefits
- Oxo Paring knife comes with a high-carbon steel blade. Furthermore, the blades have been hardened by tempering them. As a result, the blades become more strong and durable. This also adds extra sharpness to the.
- The small blades are designed especially for peeling and paring purposes. The blades are fully tanged. This helps the user to keep balance properly. Therefore cutting with this blade is really fun.
- The handles are designed according to the shape of human's hand. Furthermore, the handles are soft too. Because of all these unique features working with this knife is really comfortable and safe.
3. Zyliss Paring Knife Review - Best Kitchen Paring Knife
- Perfect for peeling and paring fruits and vegetables
- Sharp, no-stain blades are hardened to make them strong and durable
- Blades are tapered to glide easily through foods
Zyliss Paring Knife is one of the smart looking paring knives that I have ever seen. Not only the outlook but things that have made this one of the best paring knives is its master construction and cutting performance. So, let’s discuss on its other features.
Features & Benefits
- Zyliss Paring Knife comes with master construction. The blade the from high-carbon steel. Therefore this one is ultra-sharp. Furthermore, this can be easily re-sharped.
- The shape of this knife is perfectly engineered. The small thin top design helps in peeling and paring. Thin large edge blade makes the cutting process more easy and efficient.
- Finally, this one has an ergonomic handle. Furthermore, this is coated with soft touch rubber grip. This gives soft and comfortable grip. In addition, this also reduces fatigue of your hand and ensures precision and control.
The thing to Consider Before Buying a Paring Knife
- Blade Size Matters
Blade size matters a lot in terms of a paring knife. This is well known that the smaller the knife the better performance this will provide. For better peeling and paring performance this is also required the blade to be broad. This gives more control over cutting.
- Edge & Sharpness
Broad and thin edges make the paring process more quick and efficient. This type of blade easily passes through the object. Again this is also necessary to be sharp for more precise cutting. Because if the blade isn't sharp if will provide a fibrous an edge on the object surface. Again as this type of knife is used regularly they require sharpening. So this is better to have the easy sharpening process of the knife. But two matters conflicts here. One is the lasting of sharpness and another one is sharpening process. Because when it's easy to sharp it loses sharpness easily. Also when it's hard to sharp; it takes a long time to lose sharpness.
- Handles have Impact too
Although it doesn't have a direct part in cutting the process; but this has a great impact on the efficiency of the user. Soft and ergonomic handles provide more control to the user over the blade of the knife. Again this needs to be fully fit to the user's hand. Otherwise, he or she will fail to cut precisely.
How to Choose the Best Paring Knife
If you aren't a professional this is a really hard job to find out the right paring knife for you. Therefore I here I have written a guide for you which will help you to figure out the best one for you.
- Compare Your Staff and Knife
In order to get the most out of a paring knife, you have to ensure that the staffs you want to cut is compatible with your knife. This is obvious that you can't cut hard stuff just with an ordinary knife. Again this is foolish to expect master performance from an ordinary knife. To take your decision wisely.
- Perfect Match of Your hand and the Knifes Handle
For more precise cutting and control over the knife, this thing is mandatory. You must ensure that your hand perfectly matches the shape of the handle. Furthermore, you should consider your comfort with the material of the handle.
- Safety First
Hence the blade of the paring knife is very thin at the top they can easily pierce your hand. Again there is also a possibility of dangerous injury if the knife doesn't have any knife guard. So if you aren't a professional then you must check these things carefully.