The word Santoku came the Japanese language. It stands for multi-purpose. To do your kitchen works easily and efficiently within a possible minimum time having the best Santoku knife is a must.
Since large verity of work can be done with the help of them and that is why they are so popular among the chefs. But this will be possible if you have the perfect one in your hand. Furthermore, this is really a hard job especially for the newbies to figure out the best one for work.
So if you are one of them who are searching for the best multi purpose knife then you have come to the right place. Because today I’m here with the top 3 best performing santoku knife of all time. I have also added buying guide for you that will help you to figure out the most suitable one for you. So let’s get started.
Table of Contents
- Best Santoku Knife – Comparison Table
- Best Santoku Knives Review
- 1. Victorinox Swiss Army 7-Inch Santoku Knife Review
- 2. Mercer Culinary Genesis 7-Inch Forged Santoku Knife
- 3. Kershaw Pure Komachi 2 Santoku Knife Review
- Things to Consider Before Buying a Santoku Knife
- How to Choose the Best Santoku Knife
- Final Verdict
Best Santoku Knife – Comparison Table
Best Santoku Knives Review
1. Victorinox Swiss Army 7-Inch Santoku Knife Review
Who doesn’t love a multi purpose knife? Surely everybody does. Victorinox Swiss Army Santoku knife will surely impress you with its multi purpose usage as well as awesome performance. So let’s have a deeper look on this best Santoku knife.
- First of all high-class carbon steel is used to manufacture this knife. Furthermore, this steel is tempered with high temperature and ice cold water. As a result, the blade remains sharp for a long time as well as prevents edge retention.
- The handle is well textured and easy to handle. Consequently, is designed to keep balance and provide comfort to the user.
- This is a multipurpose knife which is excellent at slicing, dicing and mincing. Consequently its master blade can cut paper thin slices without sticking the pieces.
2. Mercer Culinary Genesis 7-Inch Forged Santoku Knife
Since the blade of a knife if made from Germany made high carbon steel then there is no doubt about the sharpness and durability of that knife. Mercer Culinary Genesis is one like them. Let’s have a look at its other characteristics.
- First of all, Germany made high carbon steel has been used to make this knife. Furthermore, the blade has been strengthening by precision forged. As a result, the blade remains sharp for a long time and can cut almost every kitchen stuff like butter.
- The handles are well made since they provide comfort along with safety. This is most noteworthy that this is NSF certified.
- Sharp and thin blades allows you to cut and chop thing with efficiency. This became finally possible by the help of bolster strengthens process.
3. Kershaw Pure Komachi 2 Santoku Knife Review
The most appealing thing about this knife is its attractive design. I’m pretty much sure that anybody will wish have this one just after seeing this even if he don’t need a knife. Let’s have a deep insight of this best santoku knife.
- First of all high carbon steel is used to manufacture this knife. Therefore this remains super-sharp over time of use.
- Ergonomic handles provide comfort and ease of cutting to the user. Moreover, hollow-ground edges reduce friction.
- The blade protector adds extra safety and Furthermore, this is food-safe and FDA approved.
- Resin coating give this knife a light color as well as a nonstick performance.
Things to Consider Before Buying a Santoku Knife
In order to get the most out of a santoku knife there are a couple of thing that you should keep in consideration. You should consider the factor bellow to figure out the best santoku knife.
- Characteristics of the Blade
The size, shape, and material of the blade determine the quality of the knife to the great extent. Firstly you must go for the high-carbon steel for sharpness. Finally, you should consider the size and shape of the blade according to the purpose of use.
- Handle, Comfort & Safety
Although it doesn’t play a direct role in cutting or slicing but this plays an important role while the operation process. Ergonomic handles provide much comfort than the others. This also provides extra safety. Again this is wide to have a larger handle for cutting large thing and shorter for small ones.
- Sharpening & Edge of use
Hence it’s used for daily purposes this is better to have one that doesn’t require sharpening often. Also for cutting various staffs, you must have a multi purpose knife for such as piercing, cutting, chopping, and slicing.
- Healthy & Storing
Some of the best Santoku knives are NDA approved. This determines the health safety of the knife. Furthermore easy and safe storing is also necessary for long term use and safety purpose.
How to Choose the Best Santoku Knife
You will find lots of santoku knife out there. But you must follow some criteria to figure out the best Santoku knife for you. Some of the criteria that works are as follow.
- Compare Your Need & the Knife’s Ability
Santoku knives are multipurpose knives. But they can have some handicap too. As for example, thin blades are good for slicing. Bolds aren’t good for piercing. So choose wisely as you need.
- Work Frequency & Storing
If you need to do a lot of work with knives then choose that one which doesn’t require sharpening often. If you need to use the knife occasionally then go for the one that allows you to store for a long time without rusting.
- Comfort Along with Safety
Comfort at works swifts your work rate. So you must choose the one with that you feel maximum comfort. Again if you aren’t a professional then you must choose that one which has a safe guard.